Civil War Preservations Privacy Statement
At Civil War Preservations we are committed to protecting the privacy of every user.
What information do we collect, store and use?
The Civil War Preservations website collects, stores and uses personal data on our secure servers. We do this by either requesting the information directly from you or automatically receiving it from your browser.
Requesting information directly from you enables you either to purchase items from our Store or to give you access to additional features of our website. This information may include:
Your personal data ( your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), credit card information, favorite Civil War Preservations category and Civil War Preservations emails preference.
Automatically receiving and recording information from your browser helps us analyze and provide better services to you, our client. This information includes (but is not limited to):
Browser type & version
Cookie information that Civil War Preservations gives to your browser
In the following instances we ask you to actively submit Personal Information: when you want to (i) complete an order, (ii) join as a Member at Civil War Preservations & subscribe to our Newsletter, (iii) sign our guest book or (iv) participate in our Discussion Forum.
- Creating or Completing an Order. We require that you provide us with all of the following Personal Customer Information: your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), and credit card information. We use industry standard e-commerce security technology to protect the Personal Customer Information that you transmit to us.
- Join as a Member.Although most features of this web site are available to anonymous users, some areas require registration prior to accessing content. By registering, users take advantage of various personalized features such as the ability to view Sale Items for Civil War Preservations days prior to them being available to to anonymous users and content based on their identity. During registration, users supply information including, but not limited to--e-mail address, password, name, Favorite Civil War Preservations Category, and Civil War Preservations Emails. When joining as a member, we ask you to create a password. When you want to change or view your stored Personal Customer Information, we approve your access by verifying your email address with your password.
- Sign our Guest Book. We ask that you provide us with all of the following Personal Customer Information: your name, email address, state or province and country.
- Participate in our Discussion Forum. We ask that you provide us with all of the following Personal Customer Information: your name and email address.
When and with whom we share this information?
It is our policy not to sell, share, or otherwise disclose any of your personal information to any third party, with the following exceptions:
- Credit card companies. Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors, which receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- Law Enforcement Investigations. Civil War Preservations may release Personal Customer Information when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
Who can access this data?
It is our policy to ensure we have in place secure technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized access to your personal information.
Use of the information
Civil War Preservations uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our site, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the site or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. We might also occasionally send you material about new services. If that were to be the case, you will have the explicit option to indicate that you prefer not to receive any emails from Civil War Preservations in the future.
We use tracking information to determine which areas of our site are most (and least) popular based on traffic to those areas. Civil War Preservations does not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service our users.
It is our policy to use personal information for three general purposes only: to customize the advertising and content you see; to fulfill your requests for products and services; and to contact you with news, for example, about new services and products.
Choice and consent
It is our intent to inform you before we collect personal information from you and to tell you what we intend to do with the information. You will have the option not to provide the information, and in the future you will be able to "opt out" of certain uses of the information. When receiving materials about new products or services the user will be given the option to opt-out of receiving further information at any time. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit most of the Web site of the Civil War Preservations, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services.
You can ask us to remove your Personal Information from our database so you will not receive future communications.
It is our policy to respect the purpose for which our site visitors give us information. We give users options wherever necessary and practical and remove names as soon as practicable on request.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small data file that some web sites attach to users' hard drives when they visit the sites. A cookie file can contain information, such as an email address, which the site uses to track the pages users visited. The only personal information a cookie can contain has to be supplied by the user.
Further information can be found at www.cookiecentral.com, a site dedicated to provide full information upon Internet Cookies.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, you can contact us at webmaster@Civil War Preservations.com
Notification of Changes
Civil War Preservations may edit this policy from time to time without notice. You should check this posted privacy statement for changes.